Diploma in Oracle Database Administration
Part I: Oracle Database 11g Administration
- Architectural Overview of Oracle Database 11g (Oracle and SQL Concepts)
- Installing and Creating a Database
- Instance Management
- Oracle Networking
- Oracle Storage (Storage Model and Tablespaces)
- Oracle Security (Database User Accounts, Privileges, Roles)
Part II: SQL
- DDL and Schema Objects
- DML and Concurrency
- Retrieving, Restricting, and Sorting Data Using SQL
- Single-row and Conversion Functions
- Group Functions
- SQL Joins
- Subqueries and Set Operators
Part III: Advanced Database Administration
- Configuring the Database for Backup and Recovery
- Back Up with RMAN
- Restore and Recover with RMAN
- Advanced RMAN Facilities
- User-Managed Backup, Restoration, and Recovery
- Automatic Storage Management
- The Resource Manager
- The Scheduler
- Moving and Reorganizing Data
- The AWR and the Alert System
- Performance Tuning
- The Intelligent Infrastructure
Oracle Database Administration course at FlamyTech Computer School educates the student on the basic concepts of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS). It is a comprehensive introduction to Oracle Database 12c. We will teach you how to efficiently design, create and manage robust cloud-based database applications with the Oracle database tools. This course is designed to help the student to become an Oracle Database Administrator(Oracle DBA).
We all agree that Database Administrator is one of the most-sought after jobs in the IT field. It is also one of the highly-stable jobs, since Data is an essential part of every organization and it is needed to be in the capable hands of a good DBA team. We can help you to become one of them :)
Be advised that as an absolute beginner, you can study this course. This training is applicable for those who want to learn Oracle Database 12c, as well as Oracle Database 11g.
Who Oracle Database 11g and 12c Course is For:Generally, our Oracle Database Management training is for those who like to do hands-on practice on RDBMS.
It is for ....
- those who are already in the IT field and would like to take a leap into the world of database administration.
- univeristy students who desire to study database concepts, to help them earn high grades in their RDBMS related curriculum.
- university students who love to learn about Oracle Database Administration, immediately after they finish their college studies.
- university graduates who are looking for a job in the IT industry.
- anyone else who has the determination to get into the IT industry, in order to have a better career.
Prerequisites:Basic computer knowledge is required as a prerequisite. The Diploma in Oracle Database Administration course assumes the aspiring student already has a basic knowledge of computer usage, but it does not require any specific skill.
- Basic understanding of technology concepts is fine
- A pure determination to learn about database and relational database management system (RDBMS) concepts
- (Optional) A Laptop that meets all the requirements to install Oracle Database software, as specified in Oracle's download page (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/downloads/index.html) .
Why You Should Become an Oracle Database Administrator:The Oracle Database Administrator job offers numerous benefits. Between the plethora of job opportunities, growing salaries, and job flexibility, it’s now a truly great time for any smart person to become an Oracle DBA.
As follows are the reasons why you should learn Oracle Database Administration:
- Database Administrator Job Opportunities are Growing, and will Continue to Do So
It is not a secret that data is growing at an exponential speed. Someone has to manage those databases to keep them clean and accessible. That means good news for database administrators. According to the Nigeria's National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), employment of database administrators is projected to grow 11 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations. DBA employment is also projected to grow more than other jobs in the IT industry.
By 2024, there will be 13,400 new DBA job positions will need to be filled.
- DBA Positions Provide Competitive Salaries with Opportunities for Advancement
The U.S. News & World Report ranks the DBA position as the sixth-best technology job to go for. The reason for this high ranking is because of the healthy salary DBAs receive. There are above average opportunities for career advancement and salary increases in this field.
- There’s Great Job Security for DBAs
Even as companies cut other jobs, including some IT positions, database administrators who do their jobs well enjoy job security. Because DBA job duties are very complex and such positions are not easy to fill, most companies prefer to retain the DBAs they currently have, rather than seek new talents.
- DBA Jobs offer Challenging, Intellectually-stimulating Work
After a DBA has offloaded the more repetitive and tedious and aspects of his/her job, such as, routine backups, the person has a great opportunity to exercise his/her problem-solving abilities. The DBA job requires technical know-how, critical thinking skills and creativity. DBAs are tasked to make decisions that has the capability to affect the business operations of an entire company, making their job a rewarding one.
- Remote DBA Services Mean that the Traditional Challenges of Being a DBA are Vanishing
With Remote DBA services, organizations can offload the tedious and stressful aspects of a DBA’s duties, leading to greater job satisfaction and a reduction in turnover. With the ever-increasing reliance on data for business operations, a DBA can now focus on the upgrade and improvement of systems, rather than the time-consuming maintenance and problems. Remote DBA services ensure that operations run smoothly, free up your in-house IT talent to work on more strategic initiatives and provide a significant reduction in overhead expenses.
Job Prospects:Becoming an Oracle Database Administrator would open up numerous opportunities for you. There are endless employment opportunities that await you in the labour market, after completing your DBA training at FlamyTech Computer School.
And the Job Opportunities include, but not limited to:
- Oracle Database Administrator
- Database Administrator
- IT Consultant
- IT Manager
- Data Analyst
A Diploma Will Be Given Upon Course CompletionAfter successfully completing your Oracle Database Administration training at FlamyTech Computer School, the Management will award you a Diploma in Oracle Database Administration. Please, note that FlamyTech is duly-registered in Nigeria with RC: 1195702. So, never worry, because the diploma we award is recognized.
Diploma in Java Programming
Diploma in Android App Development
Diploma in Python Programming
Diploma in Python Web Development
Diploma in Web Development
Diploma in Full Stack Web Development
Diploma in Web Design & Search Engine Optimization
Diploma in C Programming
Diploma in C++ Programming
Or are your confused about which course would better serve your specific needs? Don't worry; FlamyTech is right here to help you! Just get in touch with us now through the "Contact Us Now" button below, to get recommendation: